back to classmates

Tina Rasch Troup

  adult pic

Personal Info/Bio

My name is Tina Elizabeth Rasch and my family moved to Richmond in the summer of 1968 from San Francisco. I attended Portola Jr. High 8th and 9th grades and then El Cerrito High for my Sophomore and Junior years. During these years I was a very shy and quiet person around people I did not know. It took awhile for me to get comfortable around people but once I did I would make the best of it. My parents bought a house in Fremont just before my Senior year and we moved there without telling very many people. During my Senior year I decided to look into joining the military as I was not interested in college at that time. I enter the delayed enlistment program with the Air Force just before I graduated from high school and headed for basic training on the 5th of July 1973. I enlisted for six years with the thought that I would go to college after I got out. This did not happen. I kept on re-enlisting and retired from the military after twenty years of service.

My job in the Air Force was aircraft mechanic/crew chief on large aircraft with 4 or more engines. That’s right I was a grease monkey on planes and I loved every minute of it. Stateside I was stationed at New York, South Dakota, California, and Washington. Overseas I was stationed at Alaska (yes this was considered overseas at the time) and Okinawa Japan. I spent a lot of time traveling with the Air Force and saw many different countries which included Thailand, South Korea, England, and Spain just to name a few. In the eighties I finally started taking night classes and received an associate’s degree in aircraft maintenance in the summer of 1985. In 1990 I was stationed at Okinawa Japan where my future husband, Dave Troup, processed me into the squadron. We started dating in February and were marry on the 9th of January 1991. We left Japan in 1992 and headed to Fairchild AFB a base near Spokane Washington. We both retired from the military, Dave in August 1992 and I retired August the following year.

We both attended community college at Spokane till 1995, and then headed toward Alaska. I had been stationed there three different times and had fallen in love with the state. I knew what we were getting ourselves into but Dave did not have a clue. The first winter was rough but we got thru with no problems. After finally settling down I finally went back to college in the fall of 1999. After a lot of hard work I earned my BA in History in 2004 and then my BS in Anthropology: Archaeology in 2005.

In 2003 I went to work at Toy Quest, the only toy store in Fairbanks, as a clerk and I am currently still there. Hopefully in the future I will be able to find a position so that I can put my degrees to work. We do not have any children but we do have a dog name Chrissy that might as well be our kid. We celebrate our 17th anniversary this year.

I really do not know what else to say. Looking forward to the 35th reunion and seeing some familiar faces.

Contact Info


Snail mail: